Junior Summer Competition
Mosman Netball Club's Summer Competition is designed as a fun and relaxed way for our girls to continue their netball journey. It is all about getting friends together and enjoying court time, whilst improving their skills in preparation for our main competition in Winter. Our summer competition has grown to become a hotly sought after fixture on our calendar and registrations are in high demand.
The club provides a formal framework on game day to enforce rules and regulations and continue to encourage our netball players to develop their skills.
- Games are run at Cross St. Mosman and Spit West Reserve.
- This competition runs every Friday afternoon for six rounds in Term 4.
- In 2020 we have extended Summer Comp to include NetSetGo and our Junior U10 and U11 players.
Summer Competition Specifics:
Please Register if:
- You participated in Mosman Netball Club’s Introduction to Netball program.
- You were a registered Mosman Netball Club player in the Winter Competition played at Willoughby in NetSetGo, U10s or U11s.
- Girls who are new to Netball and will join the Mosman Netball Club next season
- Unfortunately, we will not be taking registrations from teams/individuals who are not members of the Mosman Netball Club.
** Please be aware we may have to cap the number of teams due to limited court availability. If this issue arises, we will be in contact.
Covid Safety and Hygiene Guidelines:
Covid Safety and Hygiene Guidelines will be in place throughout the competition including:
- Sanitising all players upon entry,
- Cleaning the venue before and after each game,
- Entry and exit procedures for players,
- Required breaks between games to ensure appropriate venue cleaning and player clearing is adhered,
- Contact tracing procedures, recording all player attendance and spectator attendance,
- We thank you for assisting us on the day by cooperating with all procedures.
In the instance of wet weather, an update will be made by 2.30pm on Fridays, please go to our MNC Facebook page or MNC Instagram
This competition runs every Friday afternoon for six rounds.
Competition starts on Friday 23rd October until Friday 27th November 2020 (inclusive).
There are no finals and in the event of wet weather we may extend.
$80 per player.
Registrations will only be accepted on a team basis (No individual player registrations are allowed this year). We encourage you to make up your own team.
- We encourage each team to be 8 to 9 players.
- Definitely no more than 10 players (any more than this and there is too much time for girls to be standing around on the sidelines).
It is very common for girls who have just played the Winter Competition to register their team together however we also encourage you to mix up your winter teams.
Girls who have just completed the Introduction to Netball program we encourage you to form a team with other girls who have also completed the program.
Emphasis is on fun and fitness not competition. Just remember, our competition has no coaching and is straight on the court for games.
Registering Your Team:
Registrations are all online - please click on the icon above.
Team based registrations only - no individual registrations possible this year.
You must put your team name in the required field.
- 4 x 10 minute quarters
- 1 minute between quarters and 3 minutes @ half time.
- Draws will be managed for each age group to ensure the appropriate level of competitiveness, this is particularly relevant for our Junior 10 and 11 year age groups.
Umpiring requirements will depend on the age division:
- 6/7 years – volunteer parent umpires will be provided
- 7/8 years – parent volunteers from each team will be required to umpire
- 8/9 years – paid umpires will be provided. Teams will play full rules
- Junior U10s and U11s – Junior umpires will be provided by the club.
Times & Venue:
Games will be played on a Friday afternoon at either Spit West Reserve or Cross St, Mosman:
- 6/7 years (Year 1) will play at Spit West Reserve: 4:00pm – 4:45pm
- 7/8 years (Year 2) will play at Spit West Reserve: 5.05pm - 5.50pm
- 8/9 years (Year 3) will play at Cross St, Mosman: 4:00pm – 4:45pm and may have one game at Spit West Reserve depending on the number of teams registered.
- U10s will play at Cross St, Mosman: 5.05pm - 5.50pm
- U11s will play at Cross St, Mosman: 6:10pm – 6:55pm
We encourage teams to either:
- Wear their Club uniform (with a funny pair of socks or ribbons)
- Wear their Club training t-shirt (and fun shorts)
Please be creative and enjoy the fun factor of this competition.
Sun visors may be worn but must be soft peaked. No hard peaked caps are allowed for safety reasons.
No jewellery (watches, earrings, necklaces etc.) of any kind allowed.
Nails must be trimmed as per Netball NSW standards