Why we grade?
- The aim of grading is to ensure girls are put with similarly skilled girls.
- Grading is compulsory and takes place over a number of weeks. Players are graded on performance and potential demonstrated in drills and match play and on coaches’ grading notes from last season (2014).
- Teams are put together by experienced Mosman netball graders (coaches and committee members) and your daughter will probably be in a team with other girls she does not know. We know this can be daunting for some yet we ask you to have faith in the system. Opportunity awaits for your daughter to branch out and discover new and unexpected friendships. For the many introverted and shy girls this poses a challenge at the start of the season but by week 3 or 4 all girls are bonding as a team and friendships are in the making. Trust us.
- Please note that players are not selected to play a particular position in a team, graders may ask girls for their preferred playing position. It is important for junior players to learn the skills necessary to play all positions on the court. For more information on grading please read our Grading Policy.
When is MNC grading 2017?
Grading is conducted over two weeks as follows:
Sunday 5th Feb
Sunday 12th Feb
U10's..............................1pm-2pm (arrive 12.45pm for sign in)
U11's & U12's................2pm-3pm (arrive 1.45pm for sign in)
U13, U14, U15's...........3pm-4pm (arrive 2.45pm for sign in)
- Yes! We need your daughter at all sessions.
- Grading takes place at Cross St Courts. Please advise Mosman's Grading Convenor (via administrator) if your child is not able to attend eg school camp. Age group is the age the player is turning this calendar year, regardless if it's January or December .
- As with all our events – in the event of wet weather – an announcement if it is cancelled will be posted in our announcement section on our homepage of this webpage as well as on our Facebook page.
- Teams will be advised at the 2017 Season Kick Off on Monday 27th Feb 7 pm @ Mosman RSL.
- Team selection is final.
How does grading work?
- Mosman Netball will conduct grading, placing players in teams and then we submit those teams along with a recommended grade to Northern Suburbs.
- Then NSNA holds compulsory on-court grading checks for all 10yr old teams, date TBD.
- These grading checks are Round Robin matches at Willoughby courts and will be used to compare teams from different clubs and make any final adjustments to ensure consistency throughout the clubs.
- Recommended grades from Mosman Netball are not the final grade for the team. All grading requests are subject to checks and consideration from NSNA.