Netsetgo Skills 2017
NetSetGo Skills is a wonderful pre-season program, designed to give all new young netball players, an introduction to the game and skills of Netball.
NetSetGo Skills offers a headstart for balance, coordination and ball skills and involves drills that prepare our young, eager players for game time.
Our NetSetGo Skills Program will be run under the expert tutelage of Stephanie Chapple. Stephanie is a Year 6 primary teacher who is also responsible for the PSSA netball program. She has extensive experience playing, coaching and umpiring netball and is currently competing in Mosman Netball Clubs senior competition.
Its now FULL for 2017!
The program runs in Term 3, from Saturday 22nd July - Saturday 16th September (inclusive).
- Where: Marie Bashir Indoor Centre, Cross Street, Mosman
- Time: 9.00am - 10.00am Saturday Mornings
- Date: Saturday 22nd July - Saturday 16th September. (Please note: our final Saturday will also include a round robin along with Presentation and will run from 9.00-11.00am).
- Cost: $135.
- Age Appropriate: Years 1 or 2 (and turning 6, 7 or 8 yrs in 2017). Please note: this program is not suitable for Kindergarten children.
- What to wear: Comfortable sports clothes (shorts and t-shirt) along with sand-shoes / joggers.
- Equipment: balls and all equipment will be provided.
The 9-week program is designed for a maximum of 55 children and will require the assistance of parents to help run drills and exercises demonstrated by Stephanie. The parental involvement is simply throwing a ball, supervising drills and organising children into drills. Parents are asked to stay to ensure there are enough volunteers to cover the activities. Everyone learns and practises together most of the time so there is no need to request to be with friends.
The final Saturday will run slightly longer (9.00am - 11.00am) to allow our girls to put their skills into practise with a mini Round-Robin competition. Following this, there will be a Presentation.
Registrations open at the start of June. See our calendar for dates.
Note: In the event, the program is oversubscribed, we would look to run an additional program. This will not be confirmed until the current NetSetGo Skills has been fully subscribed, so please email our Administrator for further queries email@example.com
Children who have completed NetSetGo Skills are invited to participate in our Term 4, Mosman Social Summer Competition. Matches are held on Friday afternoons. See Summer Competition page under Juniors for more details.
Following these two events, your child will be ready to compete in the Mosman Winter Competition commencing April the following year. Please watch our website for further information regarding registrations each January.