Netsetgo Summer Competition
Mosman Netball Club's Summer Competition is designed as a fun and relaxed way for our girls to continue their netball journey. It is all about getting friends together and enjoying court time, whilst improving their skills in preparation for our main competition in Winter. Our summer competition has grown to become a hotly sought after fixture on our calendar and registrations are in high demand.
The club provides a formal framework on game day including umpires and club officials to enforce rules and regulations and continue to encourage our netball players to develop their skills.
Games are run on a Friday afternoon at Cross St. Mosman and the beautiful setting next to Rawson Oval/Park is the perfect location to bring your children, grab a picnic rug and settle in for a relaxed afternoon.
Please do not bring dogs. They are not allowed in the vicinity of Cross Street Courts.
This competition runs every Friday afternoon for six rounds. Competition starts on Friday 20th October until Friday 24th November 2017 (inclusive).
Registrations are now closed.
It filled up a lot faster than any other year. If you still want to joina currently registered team it may still be possible, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the limited size of our facilities we do prioritise girls known to Mosman Netball Club and have played in:
- 2017 Mosman NetSetGo Skills program run by Stephanie Chapple
- 2017 Mosman NetSetGo winter competition played at The Greens and North Sydney Girls School, North Sydney.
- Friends of the above-mentioned groups, who are new to netball and would like to join Mosman Netball in 2017 - aged 7-9 years
We encourage you to make up your own team. Each team must have 7 or 8 players. (any more than this and there is too much time for girls to be standing around on the sidelines). For those individuals that do not have a team, the club will ensure you are placed with an appropriate group based on age and experience. In addition, we strongly encourage you to mix up your winter teams to even out the playing standard between teams. Therefore, please don't necessarily register your winter team. We suggest you play with friends and encourage new players to try netball by joining your team. Emphasis is on fun and fitness, not competition. Just remember, this competition has no coaching and is straight on the court for games.
Final teams will be announced two weeks prior to the competition commencing.
We encourage parent involvement to co-ordinate teams and assist in encouraging the girls on-court. There are no additional training requirements, manager or formal coaching commitments in order to participate. Just come along, bring your siblings and enjoy an afternoon of fun competition.
Umpires will be provided by the club.
All games are played on a Friday afternoon, on the outdoor netball courts at Cross St., Mosman. The format will include:
- 30 minutes games (2x 13-minute halves with 3 minutes at half time)
- Teams must change ends at half time
- Girls must rotate positions each half
- Scores will not be recorded and we encourage good sportsmanship
- Playing times: 3 rounds will be held each week commencing at 3.45-4.15pm / 4.20-4.50pm / 4.55-5.25pm. These times are subject to change this year. We aim to have teams playing at a fixed time-slot each week.
- Uniforms: There is no formal uniform, so we encourage you to put a uniform together in keeping with your team name eg shorts and red t-shirt for the Red Robins.
Wet weather information will be announced at 2:30pm under latest news of our website and will be posted on our Facebook page. Unfortunately, there will be no opportunity to make-up for wet weather days.
We look forward to seeing you on court for our Summer Competition!!
For any further queries please email email@example.com