NetSetGo Winter Comp
NetSetGo is a modified version of netball designed to teach young players the necessary skills of netball in a fun, non-competitive environment.
Please read this one page overview to understand how NetSetGo games are conducted.
Registrations for the 2018 Season will open in January.
- Active Kids Rebate opens on 31st January 2018 and school aged kids can get a $100 voucher towards our winter comp registration fee. See HERE for details how.
- Registrations open online on January 10th 2018. You must apply for active kids rebate BEFORE registering for netball if you want the $100 off. In which case you must wait until 31st January before you can get the $100 voucher and then register for Netsetgo.
- Registration closes 6pm Friday Feb 23rd 2018.
- Mosman Netball welcomes new teams or individual players turning 7-9 yrs in 2018 regardless of birth month. They must be in Year 2 or above at their primary school to be eligible. For those in Year 1, we encourage you to start out NetSetGo Skills program as an introduction in Term 3, before commencing in the Winter Competition.
- NetSetGo teams do not attend grading sessions. We encourage all players to form a team with friends and/or school friends. Alternatively the Club will happily allocate individual players to a team based upon their age and school to ensure maximum compatability.
- Game times are held on Saturday Mornings from 8am (youngest players) – 2pm (oldest players). You will be allocated a division time for your team and you will play at this fixed timeslot each week. Please note: there is a re-draw of grades for the Netsetgo competition at week 7 by the NSNA, which may affect further match times.
- Our NetSetGo competition is now run at two venues (The Greens @ North Sydney and North Sydney Girls High School). Last year the younger girls (Year 2) played at The Greens and our older girls (Year 3 and 4) played at North Sydney Girls High School.
- Teams are advised by email on 27th Feb 2018.
- Season fixtures run from Saturday 7th April to Saturday 18th August 2018 inclusive. For more information on dates, visit our Calendar.
- Training will commence the week of 19th March at Cross Street Mosman, and training times will be decided on by the coach and the whole team.
- Netsetgo plays with a Size 4 netball.
- Please note: Attempting to play netball and hockey concurrently is not recommended due to regular match time clashes. Girls generally make a decision to play one or the other sport each season.
2018 Winter Comp Registration Fees
- Registration Fee $265 per child. Uniforms can be purchased at the time of registration at $50 for a dress.
We need your help! Sign up to be a Coach, Manager or Umpire!
In order to effectively run the competition, each team requires the following parent volunteers:
- 1x coach (possibly 2)
- 1x manager (possibly 2)
- 3x umpires (typically this will mean you rotate umpiring duties and will umpire 3 games individually during the season).
All clubs rely on parents to step up and get involved with their child’s sport and we encourage both Mums and Dads to take part. 2016 and 2017 witnessed a wonderful leap in Dads managing and coaching teams. We would love to see more!
We do understand many of your will not have played or if you have it may have been during your own schooling, nonetheless you will be surprised how quickly you pick up the rules and become familiar with the game.
Parents invariably report back on how invaluable the experience was - you will not be disappointed. And remember the girls are learning too!!
All coaches are parents.
Coaches are required to undertake training sessions mid-week for 1hour with their teams. Location is Cross St., Mosman.
Coaches are all required to ideally attend the weekly game on Saturday and determine playing positions for the team members.
Supporting our coaches
Mosman Netball Club Coaching support clinics will be held in 2018 TBA, this will give you a clear and concise framework to coach your team.
In addition, Mosman Netball Club Handbook is given to all coaches outlining age specific drills and skills to work towards.
All managers are parents.
Your key role will be providing the communication channel between the coach and the team parents on information regarding playing times, team information, club announcements etc. This is predominantly an administrative role but extremely important.
All our umpires are parents. Unfortunately Mosman Netball Club does not have the resources to supply teams with umpires or coaches at this level.
We recommend 2-3 umpires per team – this will effectively mean you umpire maximum 3 games each throughout the season.
In order to umpire, we require all parents to sit the NSNA Umpiring Certificate on-line. Please contact our Club Administrator for more information firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supporting out Umpires
Training programs with be offered by Mosman Netball Club prior to the season commencing. In addition the Northern Suburbs Netball Association offers Red-Robin Clinics for all umpires prior to the season.
Mosman Netball Club has a compulsory club uniform – this can be purchased online. Please refer to the Uniform Page on our website for more information.
For Information about specific topics, check out the following links: