NETSETGO Winter Competition
NetSetGo is your introductory level into the game of netball and is designed for players aged 7-9years.
Players are taught the skills and rules of the game through an informal but structured competition.
Modification of the rules is available and is specified by Netball NSW
Please read this one page overview to understand how NetSetGo games are conducted.
Registrations for the Winter Season 2021 open early January.
If you have any queries about your registration, please contact our Administrator.
- Registrations for the Winter Season open in January each year. Notifications will be made by email, newsletter, Instagram and Facebook, so please look out around this time!
- All registrations are made online and can be found via this website.
- Active Kids Rebate opens on 1st January each year and school aged kids can get a $100 voucher towards our winter comp registration fee. See HERE for details how.
- If you want to use Active Kids Rebate $100 voucher for Mosman Netball membership, you must get voucher online before you register for netball and apply the code at payment.
- There are two options - SET for players aged 7 and 8, and GO for players aged 9 (on 31st Dec 2020).
Registration Fee for NetSetGO players is $300 per child.
The $100 Active Kids Rebate offered by the NSW Government may be used to offset the cost. Please use voucher when registering online.
- In the event of financial hardship, we encourage parents to contact the club email@example.com for individual consideration.
- Join or Form a Team
- Mosman Netball welcomes new teams or individual players turning 7-9 yrs in the current year regardless of birth month.
- We encourage all players to form a team with friends and/or school friends.
- Alternatively the Club will happily allocate individual players to a team based upon their age and school to ensure maximum compatability.
- They must be in Year 2 or above at their primary school to be eligible.
- For those in Year 1, we encourage you to start our Introduction to Netball Skills Clinic as an introduction in Terms 2 and 3, before commencing in the Winter Competition the following year.
- NetSetGo teams do not attend grading sessions.
- Teams require 7 players on the court to play a game. We encourage teams to have 1 or 2 reserves, to ensure you have reserves for injury or sickness.
- More than 9 players, diminishes each player’s court time and skill development.
- Pre-season Training
Immediately following team announcement, the Club will commence the pre-season training program.
All training be held at our Club venue: Cross Street Netball Courts, Mosman.
We currently have 3x outside courts and access to 1x indoor court at the Marie Bashir Indoor Sports Centre.
- Each team is required to fulfil 1x weekly training session
- Allocation of a suitable training time must be agreed between team members and the appointed Coach
- Due to the limited number of courts available at our venue, our Directors of Coaching will assist all teams to allocate a suitable time. Consideration will also be given to training with other suitable/ grade/ age appropriate teams to ensure there is added benefit to all session.
- Training proceeds rain hail or shine, given our access to the Indoor court. On wet weather days, all teams will move inside and our Directors of Coaching will facilitate the session. Please note, Team Coaches are still required to attend.
- Season Information
Mosman Netball teams compete in the Northern Suburbs Netball Association Competition.
- Season runs April - September
- Games will be played on a Sunday morning
- All teams play 14 rounds (excluding school holidays).
- NetSetGo is non-competitive, therefore there are no semi or grand finals, score sheets are used for grading purposes only.
- The NSNA runs a Gala Day instead of finals to celebrate the end of season and includes a series of round robin games
- Match times are set, at the same time every week
- Venue: Bicentennial Courts, Small Street Willoughby
- You will be allocated a division time for your team and you will play at this fixed timeslot each week.
- Round 7 – all teams are reviewed to ensure they have been correctly allocated. At this time there may be change in your child’s grade which in turn may affect their playing time. Any changes will remain fixed for the remain 8-14 rounds.
- NetSetGo plays with a Size 4 netball.
- See netball calendar on club information section for full dates of competition particularly around school holidays
- Team Support – Volunteers required
In order to effectively run the competition, each team requires the following parent volunteers:
- 1x coach (possibly 2)
- 1x manager (possibly 2)