Fun - Fitness - Fair Competition - Community Ties
Mosman Netball Club
NetSetGo Winter Competition
NetSetGo is your entry level into the game of netball and is designed for players aged 8 – 9 years. Players are taught the skills and rules of the game through an informal but structured competition.
Modification of the rules is specified by Netball NSW. Please read this document from NSNA about the NetSetGo guidelines and rules.
- Registrations for the Winter Season open in December. Notifications will be made by email, newsletter, Instagram, and Facebook, so please look out around this time!
- All registrations are made online and can be found via PlayHQ.
- Active Kids Rebate opens on 1st January each year and school aged kids can get a $50 voucher towards our winter comp registration fee. See HERE for details.
- If you want to use Active Kids Rebate $50 voucher for Mosman Netball membership, you must get the voucher online before you register for netball and apply the code in the payment and summary section.
- Mosman Netball welcomes new teams or individual players turning 7-9 yrs. by 31, Dec in the year of play, regardless of birth month.
- We encourage all players to form a team with friends and/or school friends.
- Alternatively, the Club will happily allocate individual players to a team based upon their age and school to ensure maximum compatibility.
- They must be in Year 2 or above at their primary school to be eligible.
- For those in Year 1, we encourage you to start our Introduction to Netball Program in Terms 2 and 3, before commencing in the Winter Competition the following year.
- NetSetGo teams do not attend grading sessions.
- Teams require 7 players on the court to play a game. We encourage teams to have 1 or 2 reserves, to ensure you have reserves for injury or sickness.
- More than 9 players, diminishes each player’s court time and skill development.
Immediately following team announcement, the Club will commence the pre-season training program.
All NetSetGo teams train weekly on a Tuesday (refer Club Calendar for times).
All training be held at our Club venue: Cross Street Netball Courts, Mosman.
- Mosman Netball teams compete in the NSNA competition.
- Season runs April – September.
- Games will be played on a Sunday morning.
- All teams play 12 rounds (excluding school holidays).
- NetSetGo is non-competitive, therefore there are no semi or grand finals, score sheets are used for grading purposes only.
- The NSNA runs a Gala Day instead of finals to celebrate the end of season and includes a series of round robin games.
- Match times are set at the same time every week.
- Venue: Bicentennial Courts, Small Street Willoughby
- You will be allocated a division time for your team, and you will play at this fixed timeslot each week.
- Mid-season all teams are reviewed to ensure they have been correctly allocated. At this time there may be change in your child’s grade which in turn may affect their playing time. Any changes will remain fixed for the remaining rounds.
- NetSetGo plays with a Size 4 netball.
- See our Club Calendar in the “Player Information” section for full dates of the competition particularly around school holidays.
To effectively run the competition, each team requires the following parent volunteers:
- 1 x coach (possibly 2)
- 1 x manager
- 1 x umpire (possibly 2)