Mosman Netball Club strongly encourages parents to volunteer to coach. It is a very rewarding experience and you will love being involved.
The Club recognizes that volunteer coaches have different levels of playing and coaching experience and as a Club, we are committed to providing coaches with the resources and ongoing support they need throughout the season.
In 2019, MNC employed a Director of Coaching to formalise our Coaching & Player Development programs. Should you be interested in learning more about how this program and how it can assist you in your pathway please contact email@example.com
In addition, the Club will reimburse coaches for the cost of attending relevant external coaching courses run by NSNA.
Can't find a coach?
The club is trying to encourage more of its senior players to coach junior teams, but this is usually not on a volunteer basis. In attracting coaches, we are competing with private schools who pay their coaches very well.
Note that special ‘Working with Children’ requirements apply to paid coaches.
Mosman Netball Club - Coaching Clinics
Mosman Netball has recently formalised their Coaching programs through the appointment of a Director of Coaching. This will include:
- Pre-season Coach the Coach clinic
- Weekly training sessions support
- Online coaching session plans and Netball NSW Curriculum material
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Working with Children Obligations
Volunteer – Coaches/Umpires
- All volunteers coaching players under 18 must complete a WORKING WITH CHILDREN CHECK. This can be completed online. All verified parents and volunteers must submit their WWCC number to our Club Administrator email@example.com
- This includes all volunteers who may or may not have a child in the team.
- From 1 May 2010, Coaches who are paid by their teams are legally required to hold a 'Certificate for Self Employed People'. The certificate lasts 3 years and must be produced if requested. Failure to produce a certificate can result in fines up to $2,200. Coaches may apply for a certificate now but the legal requirement to hold one comes into force on 1 May 2010.
Please read the Club’s policy on Working with Children.