Fun - Fitness - Fair Competition - Community Ties
Mosman Netball Club
NetSetGo Summer Competition
Mosman Netball Club’s Summer Competition is designed as a fun and relaxed way for our girls to continue their netball journey. It is all about getting friends together and enjoying court time, whilst improving their skills in preparation for our main competition in Winter. Our summer competition has grown to become a hotly sought-after fixture on our calendar and registrations are in high demand.
The club provides a formal framework on game day to enforce rules and regulations and continue to encourage our netball players to develop their skills.
- Games are run at Spit West Reserve and Cross St. Mosman.
- Competition runs every Friday afternoon for eight rounds in Term 4.
- Teams invited include NetSetGo and our Junior U10 and U11 players.
- No weekly training is required, purely turn up on Friday and have some fun!
- Individual players must register via our online registration form on PlayHQ. Please refer to the “Player Information” tab on our website and click “Register Here”
- To be eligible to register, you:
- Participated in our Introduction to Netball Program,
- Played for Mosman Netball Club in the Winter Competition,
- Are new to netball and want to join Mosman the following year, or
- Played in a Winter Competition for another Club or Association.
** Please be aware we may have to cap the number of teams due to limited court availability. If this issue arises, we will be in contact.
You can register as part of a team or individually. We encourage you to make up your own team.
- We encourage each team to be 8 to 9 players.
- No more than 10 players (any more than this and there is too much time for girls to be standing around on the sidelines).
It is very common for girls who have just played the Winter Competition to register their team together, however we also encourage you to mix up your winter teams. We encourage girls who have just completed the Introduction to Netball Program to form a team with other girls who have also completed the program.
Emphasis is on fun and fitness not competition. Just remember, our competition has no coaching and is straight on the court for games.
- 4 x 10-minute quarters
- 1 minute between quarters and 2 minutes @ half time.
- Draws will be managed for each age group to ensure the appropriate level of competitiveness; this is particularly relevant for our Junior 10- and 11-year age groups.
Umpiring requirements will depend on the age division:
- 6/7 years – volunteer parent umpires are required.
- 7/8 years – volunteer parent umpires are required.
- 8/9 years – paid umpires will be provided. Teams will play full rules.
Times & Venue:
Games will be played on a Friday afternoon at either Spit West Reserve or Cross St, Mosman:
- 6/7 years (Year 1) will play at Spit West Reserve: 4:00pm – 4:45pm
- 7/8 years (Year 2) will play at Spit West Reserve: 5.05pm – 5.50pm
- 8/9 years (Year 3) will play at Cross St, Mosman: 4:00pm – 4:45pm and may have one game at Spit West Reserve depending on the number of teams registered.
We encourage teams to either:
- Wear their Club uniform (with a funny pair of socks or ribbons)
- Wear their Club training t-shirt (and fun shorts)
- Please be creative and enjoy the fun factor of this competition.
- Sun visors may be worn but must be soft peaked. No hard peaked caps are allowed for safety reasons.
- No jewellery (watches, earrings, necklaces etc.) of any kind allowed.
- Nails must be trimmed as per Netball NSW standards